Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Birthday's Tomorrow!

So, tomorrow, I'm turning the big 25. I'm going to be a quarter of a century old. Wow, that does make me sound old. A QUARTER OF A CENTURY!! My best friend Kathleen and her boyfriend David took me and my husband Josh out for bowling today. It was a lot of fun. We bowled two games. Josh one the first, and David won the second. I was last place in the first game, but I beat Kathleen in the second game, coming in at 3rd! That's all I could ask for, just to beat someone, being I'm such a horrible bowler. Then, we went up to Helen's Bridge. We used to always do that when we were all in high school. The legend goes...there was a beautiful mansion up there and the family was rich. The woman who lived there, Helen, had a young daughter. One day there was a fire and the daughter was trapped inside and died. Helen was so distraught over the loss of her daughter, that she went to the bridge behind their mansion and hung herself off of it. Supposedly, you are supposed to park under the bridge, roll up all windows and get out, but leave the engine running. You shut all of the car doors and say "Helen come forth", three times. When you do this, she is supposed to appear, lock the car doors, and burn her hand prints into your car hood. We've tried this, and it never works. BUT, it was fun to go up there again. Then, we ate supper at Huddle House and came home. I had SO much fun. So, my birthday isn't until tomorrow, but we did our get together today. Here's some pictures we took today at Helen's Bridge:



Helen's Bridge:
(Seriously, what's that random black thing floating in the air above the bridge?)



Kathleen and I at Helen's Bridge:


5 comments:

  1. Yeah, we're wicked cool. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, and that really is the scariest looking bridge Ive ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I can't believe I'm a quarter of a century old. It does look kinda creepy doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love creepy stories like that! It is always fun to try and make the spirits appear, a good fearful fun that is.

    I saw your post on Demand Studios and thought I would check out your blog. I have a mommy blog here that I just started if you are interested in checking it out.

    My name here is not the same on DS though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >>> Seriously, what's that random black thing floating in the air above the bridge?

    Uh, Helen maybe?

    ReplyDelete